New Releases

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 19 of 139
< Prev Next >
Buffalo-Ranch-stream.jpg
A pretty day at Buffalo Ranch.   The Lamar Buffalo Ranch was in operation from 1906 until the 1950s, was the center of efforts to increase the herd size of bison in Yellowstone. in 1901, Congress appropriated $15,000 to augment the depleted Yellowstone Bison herd by purchasing 21 bison from private owners. As part of the first effort to preserve a wild species through intensive management, these bison were fed and bred in Lamar Valley at what became known as the Buffalo Ranch.